The period from December to Valentine’s Day is the most popular time of year to get engaged, though you may be surprised that the most popular day for a proposal is actually Christmas Eve and not Valentine’s Day. With not one but two Royal Weddings this year. 2018 will be a popular year for proposals and indeed weddings.
Prince Harry proposed to Meghan Markle whilst they were cooking a roast chicken. As food is very close to our hearts we approve of this. So, we thought it would be fun to look at some innovative yet romantic proposals. Listed below are five ideas for proposals that we really love.
1. For the outdoorsy amongst you – plan a hike to a breath taking or special spot and pop the question there, that way you will always have special place to visit to reconnect with your feelings as a couple.
2. Cook a five-star worthy meal of your partner’s favourite foods or hire a personal chef and propose over dessert – or for the more daring of you – conceal the ring in the centre of a cake attached to a ribbon as we did for an Argentinian couple recently.
3. Turn off the lights at home and make a trail of candles leading to the ring, dress in your smartest suit and avoid the naked strippers collar and tie cliché!
4. With yet more winter weather due offer to heat up your partner’s car before they leave for work and etch “Will you marry me” on the windscreen.
5. Or get the pastry chef at your favourite local restaurant (we suggest Provender!) to write “Will you marry me?” in chocolate sauce around the rim of a dessert plate.
Once you are engaged you may want to celebrate with friends and family and have an engagement party. If this is a small intimate party with close family, why not have this at Provender in Melrose? Or use The Orde Food Company? We can cater in your home or at a venue of your choice or indeed suggest a range of suitable venues. Of course, we would also love to cater for your wedding too.
Our latest menus are on our website where you can also read a selection of happy customer testimonials like the one below.
“James and I wanted to send you a card to say thank you so much for helping to make our wedding weekend perfect. We had no doubts in our mind you would deliver the laid-back style we wanted with top-notch food. Justin, your boiled egg and asparagus soldiers are the talk of Berwickshire! Thank you, thank you, thank you!”
James and Angela, Hutton Barns. Wedding for 180 guests.