Starting your party or reception with arrival drinks is a lovely way to make your guests feel welcome and to set the mood for your occasion. Christian Orde has five top tips to consider when making your selection.
1. Keep it simple, decide one one alcoholic and one soft drink for your guests. Don't feel you have to offer a range of drinks, you are having a party not opening a bar. Limited choices will give you a speedy service so that your guests are quickly chatting with a drink in hand.
2. Choose something that looks great, this is your chance to give everyone a drink that has is special, a cocktail that takes time to produce or a special garnish
3. Drinks trends come and go but a chilled crisp glass of fizz or fruity refreshing glass of pimms are time-less classics.
4. If you want to serve something spirit based, keep them long and refreshing, you want your guests to last for the duration of your party!
5. Don't forget the drivers, not everyone will be taking the alcoholic option at your event so make sure that the non-alcoholic choice is just as interesting. We have a lovely virgin mojito that always goes down well.
Why not try:
Vodka, Apple Juice and Soda garnished with a tart green apple slice.